Oct. 07, 2004

Back From My Hiatus

My days off were too short. I did not want to come back to work today. Last night I was a little nervous about coming back. I didn't know what my co worker's reaction would be to me, but now that I am back, everything is fine. My boss called this morning to see if I was coming in today. I cannot afford to lose this job, so here I am.... I'm back, but not exactly happy about it.

Last Friday I went out to dinner with Liz which got my mind off what happened a week ago tomorrow. I was greatful for that too. However, I didn't tell Liz or any of my friends what happened at work. I don't know why, not like they would judge me or anything, but if I told them, I would feel like shit. So my friends just know what I had some time off work and I went back today.

Adam and I fought a little last Friday night when I met him at the Eagle's. I know that he loves me and was/is concerned about the situation. I told him that I would behave at work. I promised him that I would, so I have to. I have to keep my word to him. Making that promise to him made me a lot more serious about it too. I don't want to let him down in any way. If I lost my job, I don't know what we'd do.

On Saturday we got up and went to his pool match at the Legion. He lost his games again, but is getting a lot more confident shooting in the league.

We ate at OIP (even though I had eaten it the night before)that night, then rented some movies. Both movies sucked big time.

Sunday I didn't do much. Adam had told me on Saturday that he would go out to my parent's house to eat dinner. I understand that he was probably tired (we slept most of the afternoon), but if he didn't want to go, then he should have just told me instead of acting blasee about it and saying 'yes'.

Dinner was good anyway even though Adam didn't come along. My mother always makes a good meal. I feel bad because I always come to dinner myself and my family always asks about him. I always end up making some excuse for him, making it seem as though he had something important to do. I know that I don't necessarily need to do that, but I love Adam so much and want my family to love him too.

It was so nice lying in bed on Sunday night knowing that I didn't have to get up to go to work the next day.

I went shopping on Monday. I got a pair of jeans from American Eagle that I love. They have size 00 now so they fit me perfectly. This is the first time I had a pair of their jeans that fit me. I bought yellow sweater there for myself and a nice orangish sweater with navy blue stripes for Adam.

At JC Penney I bought a sweater and got another sweater for $1.00. That's right, 1 freakin' dollar! I was excited.

I went to the Gap to look for clothes, but didn't find much. Only a green ribbed sweater. I didn't try it on until I got home and I'm not so sure I like how it fits me. I think maybe if I shrink it, it'll be okay. I did get a baby blue button down shirt for Adam. He wore it yesterday and it looks amazing on him because it compliments his gorgeous, blue eyes perfectly.

I ate dinner at the Eagle's, then hung out with Liz and Kymmy for awhile.

I was back at the bar by closing time so he and I could come home together.

My hair is now a different color red; a copper color I guess. For the past few months, I have been getting my hair cut and colored by this girl instead of the guy, Chris. She did a good job, but when I scheduled my appointment, I made sure to ask for Chris. He did a great job. My roots aren't dark anymore and the split ends are gone. The next time I'll probably get it done is right before Christmas.

After my hair appointment, I layed around getting stoned, reading books (I bought 'The Da Vinci Code' and 'Confessions of a Shopaholic' at the mall on Monday too) until it was time to meet Adam.

We met at Danley's, then just went to the Eagle's. I was mad because I went to the Eagle's with around $70.00 - $80.00. I came home with nothing. I gambled $25.00 on the Charlie board and got nothing. Then I played pull-open tickets. After I had lost about $20 on those I wanted to stop. Adam kept telling me to play more. I would protest and he would keep insisting that if I played, I would win my money back. I knew it wasn't going to happen, but I kept playing anyway. He is supposed to pay me back. I like saying,"I told ya so," to him.

Yesterday I slept until Adam went to work at 4. Yes, I am lazy. Then I showered, went to the Eagle's to eat , then hung out with Liz and Kymmy again. We all went to Applebee's; Kymmy's treat.

So, that's what I did with myself while I was on my little hiatus from work. I didn't do much, but I did have fun. It was very relaxing.

Tonight I am happy because Adam gets out of work at 2. All his customer's have to be out because that's when the floors are getting waxed. 2 is way better than 3:30. Besides, night time is our favorite time. We get to spend time with one another. It's just a nice way to end the day. Then when morning comes, I wake up next to him and do it all over again; and I love it.

missdahling at 8:32 p.m.