Monday, Sept. 19, 2005

Too Short of a Weekend

When Adam told me the other day that we had an eviction notice, he didn't explain the entire conversation to me between him and our landlord. Adam didn't tell me that he asked our landlord if we could stay if he gets October's rent by the 1st when it is due. The landlord didn't say yes or no, according to Adam. The only thing our landlord said was,"Well, that's coming up pretty shortly." Chances are, if Adam calls him and promises our rent by the 1st, we can stay. I just don't know what to do anymore. I was ready and willing to move out, but like Adam said, it's just not enough time. We aren't ready. The weekend was really busy. Both of us worked a lot so we didn't really get a chance to talk about it indepth like we should have. I told him to call the landlord today, then we'll go from there I guess. I'm trying not to think about it so much, even though I am aware that time is running out.

This weekend I didn't do very much. I had dinner with my parents on Friday night like I had told them I would. When they asked me what was new, I told them a lot about my life except for the eviction notice. It might be better to let things pan out first rather than drop that kind of news right away. I don't want them to worry about me and I know that they would. Dinner was nice, even though all we had was takeout. I hate chinese takeout. It tastes different than it does when you go into the restaurant and sit down to eat. My mother wasn't impressed with it either. It was cute though because my youngest sister kept saying,"Well, this is my fault ... I'm the one who wanted chinese." Of course we reassured her that it wasn't her fault- she wasn't the one who made it. I fell asleep on my parents' couch after dinner was over. When I woke up I could barely keep my eyes open to drive home.

I slept like a baby that night. It felt like I got so much more sleep than I actually did. I wasn't tired when I woke up, but I didn't feel very great. My muscles ached and my back hurt. For the past week my back has been hurting. When I take tylonol or any kind of pain reliever, it stops hurting. I thought it was from waitressing, caused by carrying heavy trays and stacks of plates. It very well could be, but I was told that you can get lower back pain when you have a bladder infection. Two weeks ago I thought I was getting one too. Then again, the day it first started hurting was a morning after I had really rough sex and my back was in an awkward position which may have caused the pain as well. But why would it still be hurting a week later? Maybe I pulled a muscle. Who even knows what it may be caused from. I go to the doctor's tomorrow.

At Adam's pool match, I took some advil and about thirty minutes later I started feeling better. While we were there, Adam got a phone call from one of his co-workers. His co-worker couldn't make it into work that night due to really bad arthritis in his hands and legs. He said he could barely walk from the couch to the bathroom so there was no way he would be able to tend bar. Just a little bit reluctantly, Adam agreed to work that night from 3pm - 4am only because it was karaoke night and he knew tips would be extra good. His pool team captain scheduled him to shoot the next opponent so that he wouldn't be late for work. It was a close match. It went back and forth for awhile ... the opponent making a few balls, then Adam. Then one of them would miss. Unfortunately, Adam ended up losing. He didn't make his eight ball shot and the cue ball landed perfectly in line with the eight ball for his opponent. That was a bad beat.

I dropped Adam off at work, then went home until it was time for me to leave for work as well. I layed down on the bed, and wanted so badly to just stay there. My eyes closed, and I felt myself beginning to drift off to sleep. I practically had to force myself to get ready for work and not lay back down. If I would have, I don't think I would have made it to work. Once I was actually at work I was fine though and didn't feel sleepy at all. Actually, I didn't have time to feel tired because we were so busy. It doesn't really matter what day of the week it is though; the restaurant is always busy. The only time it was slow was the first few days when it had just opened. I can't even imagine what it will be like during the upcoming holidays.

After work I played cards at Phil and Rhonda's. Basically, I played for free because each game was a ten dollar buy in. I got my money back when the second game was over and I took second place. The first game I took fourth place which is the worst because you made it that far, but yet didn't place in the money. I hate fourth place. When I was talking with Rhonda, she told me that her niece, also named Jenn, is a waitress where I work. A few entries back I had mentioned that I had a crush on a guy. Well, the crush is on Jenn's (who I work with) dad. I will never pursue anything with him because I love Adam. However, I've always been attracted to older men and this guy is goodlooking, and very charming. I was told he has a new girlfriend every few months so. Now, when I see Jenn at work I'm going to be thinking of her father. Weird.

Sam and Cheryl, who were also there playing cards, needed a ride home so I offered to take them. Cheryl was drunk and rambling and Sam and I just laughed at her the whole way. Adam had asked me to call him on my way home so I did after I dropped both of them off which was around five in the morning. He was still at work, and had just finished cleaning things up from the mess all the customers had left. He said the place was a madhouse, but like he had predicted, tips were great. We went out for breakfast then. It was so nice to sit down with him and talk. He suggested that we should each take a personal day off work this week to spend some time together and just lounge around and do nothing. I love days like that. Days where we spend time alone with just each other. I really do. We haven't done that in a long time and I think it would do us some good.

I dropped him back off at his work where he was meeting some of his friends; one of them being 'my crush', and from there, they were going to go golfing. They had a tee time for 7:00 am I think. I went home and slept until it was time for me to go to work. I really wished I could have played cards at the bar like I usually do on Sunday afternoons. It was the first tournament I had missed for awhile. Next week is the big game where the prize money will be over $500.00 for first place. Wouldn't that be great to win .....

Another waitress from the restaurant where I work asked if I could give her a ride home last night. She lives in the same town as me, so I said that I would. We ended up going back to my house and smoking with Adam. Now, I've cut back on my smoking to about two times per week. We hit the bong so everyone got really, really, stoned. After Adam and I dropped off my friend from work, we went out for some drinks. I was feeling good for awhile, then got really tired. I didn't even feel like eating my food that Adam had gotten for me. All I wanted to do was lay down. I tried to stay awake as long as I could, but my eyes kept closing, then reopening, then closing again. That's all I remembered before I went to sleep.

missdahling at 3:06 pm