Monday, Dec. 06, 2004

Taking Things One Day at a Time

My weekend was very boring, yet very relaxing. I didn't do shit which is how I like weekends. To me, Saturdays and Sundays are days to unwind from the rest of the week and meant to do what you choose. And I chose to do nothing.

Since it's the holiday season, Adam volunteered to pick up some extra hours at the #1's. He worked on Friday night until one so when I got home from work at 5:00, I came home and took a nap. I didn't realize exactly how tired I was until I woke up 10. That's a five hour nap!

While I was drifting to sleep I could hear Malone and some other guys out in the livingroom, so I decided to go out and see if everyone was still there. They were, and we had a huge smoke-fest. Bowls and blunts were being passed around every which way. Everyone got stoned out of their mind. I had to leave to pick up Adam though.

We were at the Eagles for a mere hour and forty minutes or something like that, but Adam still managed to drink ten beers. I didn't mention it to him, but I didn't want him drinking. I know, I sound like a bitch which is exactly why I didn't say anything to him, but I have reasoning. I was afraid that if he drank and got drun, then we would be rude to me again.

I was kind of right. We didn't actually fight...but we talked about things I didn't want to talk about. We talked about when we fight and he seems to think that most of the time, the arguments are started by me. Once in awhile he gets drunk and is a complete asshole to me. He also said that he sometimes don't appreciate what he does for me (i.e. making my food for dinner, buying my cigarettes, etc.). It isn't true. I appreciate him and all that he does for me. I don't always show it though. I need to stop forgetting to be greatful for the little things.

I must have slept really well on Friday night because I didn't wake up until Saturday afternoon at three o'clock. Adam and I got subs from Marlins for lunch / dinner. After we ate though it was time for Adam to go to work.

After I dropped him off I kicked around the idea of going to the mall and shopping...for myself. I fought the urge to shop because Christmas is approaching shortly, and I don't have a lot of money to shop for everyone else, let alone buy things for myself. So instead, I went home and finished reading The Da Vinci Code that I started a few months back. If you haven't read this, I suggest it. It's great. Very well written, with an awesome ending. Usually when I read books, I get to the end and wind up disappointed. Not with this book. I actually think the ending was the best part.

I also finished all of Adam and I's laundry on Saturday night. It's done in its entirety. I can't remember the last time all of our clothes were clean at the same time. Normally we do a load, then let it pile up again. Aside from reading and laundry, I picked up movies for us to watch when he got off work.

We watched School of Rock when he got home. I had already seen it, but he had not. I like that movie so I didn't mind watching it again at all.

I ended up getting pretty fucked up yesterday afternoon. Adam and I smoked with Ben and then went to the Eagles briefly. I only had one beer there. We just stopped in to cash a check, then left to go to the Ends.

I smoked a little before we went in the Ends and then had only two beers while I was there. Everyone was watching football on the big screens. But what pissed me off was that I wanted to watch the Eagle's game but couldn't because of the seats we sat in. They had that game on one of the smaller tv's that was right behind us. Therefore, we had to turn around in order to see the screen.

After we left the Ends, we went on a burn run on the way to the Hookies. After the joint, I was feeling great. Actually, I was feeling great when we left the Ends. No, I was feeling great before we got to the Ends. Well, I dunno when I started getting fucked up but I was. After my usual Bud Light, I got the idea that Ben, Adam and I should get a round of Heinekens. I haven't had Heineken for ages. I drank that and I was done drinking. It was time for food.

The three of us went to eat seafood at a place called Tedd's Landing. This restaurant has been there literally since I was born, but I had never been there until yesterday. I got haddock and a baked potato and Adam ate steak. Ben got the seafood sampler. The food was great. I wouldn't mind going to eat there again sometime. I was unable to finish my margarita because I was full and my stomach didn't feel the best.

Ben suggested that we all go back to his house to watch a movie on the big screen, but I decided that I wanted to go home. We dropped Ben off and headed back to our apartment.

I didn't actually realize how fucked up I was until I got home and basically passed out. Adam wasn't ready to sleep yet, so he went to the Eagles while I took a nap. I don't even remember him leaving. When he got back, I said,"So what did you and Ben do?" Ben wasn't even with him.

After I woke up enough, we smoked two more bowls and got stoned again while we watched "Gangs In New York". We had great sex for the second night (or third - I forget if we did on Friday night) in a row, then went to sleep.

I woke up in a good mood this afternoon and am having a fairly decent day (I don't want to jinx myself and say that I'm having a good day, because the days not over yet). I'm making a promise to myself to have a great week; at work and with Adam. I just need to take one day at a time.

missdahling at 2:39 p.m.